The W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center was established by entrepreneur W.K. Kellogg, best known for his Corn Flakes Cereal. W.K. Kellogg sought out the finest Arabian bloodlines for his breeding program that was established at his ranch in Pomona, California in 1925. The Kellogg ranch became well known in southern California not only for its horse breeding program but also for its entertaining, every Sunday the ranch would host horse exhibitions, open to the public, a tradition that carries on to this day.
In 1932, Kellogg donated the ranch, which had grown to 750-acre to the University of California, with the stipulation that the Arabian horse program and the weekly shows continue. Today the facility, located on the grounds of Cal-Poly Pomona, is home to approximately 85 purebred Arabian horses used in Equine Sciences’ teachings, outreach, research and internationally recognized breeding and training programs. Facilities at the center include 38 acres of pasture, three barns, foaling stalls, a breeding area, a veterinary clinic, a farrier shop, four arenas and a grandstand. The University operates the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Library, which is open to the public.